Monday, October 25, 2010

Is Face Book the Face or the Truth?



I have been on my quest for the honest people and places in America for over a month now. So far I have met some incredible people and seen some postcard worthy sights.

But, I am very discouraged by the overall frustration of trying to find joy and contentment by living even the most enlightened lifestyle.  Frankly it sucks and makes me very discouraged that trying to live behind the mask we all present to the outer world is not worth it.

Maybe our Face Book facade is the truth and the more we try to escape it, the more miserable we are.

Now that would be the ultimate irony for me.  I spend my whole life trying to discover, then be who I really am only to find out that what I post on Face Book is who I truly am and not just what I want to be.

That is, a collection of who I want to be perceived as by both myself and by others and not the person who I try to hide.

Is this journey through life just a collection of facades?  Do we ever get to live in peace and contentment with ourselves and with others?  What does NJOYIF mean?

Asking tough questions is very tiring.  But so is not quest-oning.

No comments: