Saturday, November 06, 2010

Questioning My Apierance (sic)

How Much Longer Can Your Apierance Stand the Waves and Storms of Reality?

Sorry for the bad pun.  I had to think about this photo for awhile to figure out why it moved me.

I kept looking at the wobbly pier that has probably been their longer than I have been alive, yet looks like it is about to fall down. Then I thought about my appearance, my facade, my face I try to put on to others, and to myself.

I think my pier stands on worn wobbly legs yet I have managed to maintain it my whole life.  It seems ready to fall down at any time, with even the slightest storm to topple it.  Yet I manage to keep it from crashing into the sea of reality.

An honest contemplation of my pier makes me wonder if its worn pilings are as apparent to others as it is to myself?

I secretly hope a hurricane will blow it away.  I also secretly try to keep it standing and looking strong to others.

I think I would prefer not to try and maintain an apierence.  It seems to take more time and energy than just letting it all hang out.  I believe at least a few people would still like me..

1 comment:

Seedplanter Designs said...

Beautiful photo! Love the perspective. The Robservation ain't bad either. :)